Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow let it snow

OK, it is beautiful and all, but enough snow already!!!

When you get lemons, make lemonade, so being housebound, today will be new recipe day at The Stirling House. I like to try new things out and test them on friends before putting them out for the guests. I watched Zombieland last night (the movie is funny and crazy...but you cannot dislike like Woody Harrelson and his twinkie fetish!) So today I am going to create Twinkies from scratch and see how it goes. I think I have a good idea of how to approach them. If they are good, they will be a fun addition to the afternoon snacks, they will be all natural, so no 20 year shelf life! LOL . Hey I guess with todays weather, I should be trying to make snowballs and not twinkies. I am also experimenting with my French Madelein recipe. The Parisian chef might scoff but I am trying maple syrup as a flavoring. I will let you know how it all goes.

The Vine Time getaway has been moving along. Stirling House is now sold out for March's VT date, but there is still availability at the other 3 participating B&Bs. They are all great with wonderful people running each B&B. This recession has proved that people still want to enjoy life a little. They are travelling closer to home, and our breakfasts and waterfront (walkable to everything) location has been a major plus keeping us quite busy all Winter.

I got a few calls from friends who saw me on "The Good Wife" earlier this week...it was fun doing that bit, as I don't carry a decapitated head every day.
OK...time to shovel! Talk to you soon...Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment