Monday, April 11, 2011

Vine University...the Wine Making Class with Class

This past weekend, I joined our guests and attended Vine University, the Wine Making Class with Class. It is one of the exclusive offerings we have at The Stirling House B&B. It is an all-inclusive getaway. It includes all meals, a stay at The Stirling House, of course, and an amazing wine course. The course is spread over two easily digestable days, and Jim Waters of Waters Crest Winery in Cutchogue leads us through all we need to get started to make wine at home. It includes the kit, as well as enough "juice" to make 2 1/2 cases of wine! I didn't know part that until taking the course.  I have been part of this North Fork and Long Island Wine Country for over a decade, but this time I want to try making a little vino myself...my partner in wine will be my sister Jocelyne, a former chemist and employee of Con Edison. I will start up a blog on facebook of our everyday chores until we get the wine the way we like it! The class is great, so give us a call and join us for the next session. There is a return trip in December, where there will be a dinner/graduation ceremony as well as a celebrity panel judging your wine - all in good fun! New dates will be announced very soon, so come on and make some wine. You'll make some great wine loving friends along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment